miércoles, 24 de agosto de 2011

I'm reading "The dice man"


(Piece of the book “The dice man” by Luke Rhinehart.)

(…)

- Free associate

- What?

- I’ll feed you words and you free associate.

- Oh, okay.

- Black

- White

- Moon

- Sun

- Father

- Mother

- Water

- Ah... bathtub

- Road

- Roadway

- Green

- Yellow

- Fucking from rear

- Ar... ah...ah...artificial

- Artificial?

- Artificial.

- How so?

- How should I know? I’m just free associating

- Let’s go on. Father

- Figure

- Lake

- Tahoe

- Thirst

- Water

- Love

- Women

- Mother

- Women

- Father

- Women

(...)

-Obviously. Item number one: you associate father figure. You may consciously explain this as a result of the psychoanalytic phrase and it does refer to this, but the association also implies you associate a “figure” – naturally a female figure – with father

-Wow

-Item number two. You associate “fucking from rear” with artificial and you can blurt it out only after a significant delay. I challenge you to tell me what first flashed through your mind.

-Well...

-Go ahead

-To be frank with you, I thought that the fucking was artificial, unnecessary, irrelevant. I was aiming to hurt someone... someone bigger.

- Precisely. Item number three: from the rear is obviously the position of sodomy, or male making love to male.

-But –

Item number four: you associate lake with Tahoe. Tahoe, even if your conscious mind denies it, means in Cherokee “Big Father Chief”. Lake obviously means water and you associate water with bathtub. Ergo: Big Father Chief was in the bathtub.

-Wow

-Finally although these are but trivial confirmations of what now is obvious to you, you associate with “thirst”, “water”. You thirst not for women but for water, for bathtub, for your father. At the end, the free association seems to break down as you associate both your mother and father with women, but in fact it is further confirmation of the whole significance of your extramarital affair and of this free association your incestuous, homosexual love for your father.

-That’s incredible. That’s absolutely...wham...[Long pause]...but what...what does it all mean?

-How so? I’ve told you

- I mean... what should I do about it?

-Ah so. Your urge for this woman will probably evaporate now that you know the truth.

-My father died when I was two.

-Precisely. I need say no more.

-He was six foot and blond. The husband is five feet eight and dark.

-Displacement

-My father never took baths, only showers, or so my mother tells me.

-Irrelevant

-When a woman is handing a towel in to her husband and chatting with him, it’s inconvenient to penetrate her from the front.

-Nonsense.

-I didn’t know Tahoe meant Big Father Chief.

-Repression

-I think i’m still going to enjoy making love to this woman.

-I challenge you to examine your fantasies when you do.

-I usually fantasize I’m doing it with my wife.

-The hour’s up.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario